Jennifer Welch, Principal
I know and appreciate the importance of collaborative partnerships between home and school. The dreams and aspirations you have for your child are directly impacted by the quality of your child’s education. We, the staff at Cottage Lake, are dedicated to providing the highest standards for all children. Throughout the year, we will have opportunities to discuss the academic and social growth of your child and work as a team to help them reach their full potential. Your child’s success and well-being at school are our most important priorities. Please know that your feedback and questions are welcome and an important part of this collaboration.
As part of my beliefs with students, I recognize that students have rights and responsibilities at school that need to be taught. Below is a list of a few of them.
- the right to be valued, respected and accepted in this school.
- the responsibility to be considerate and tolerant of others.
- the right to express my feelings, opinions and ideas.
- the responsibility to use quality language to show respect and to listen to others ideas.
- the right to learn and study in a quiet, productive environment.
- the responsibility to work independently or in cooperation with others and do the best I can.
- the right to be safe while traveling to and from school and during the school day.
- the responsibility to be careful and to use self-control.
- the right to use school supplies and equipment and my personal property.
- the responsibility to use the supplies, equipment and property correctly.
We are are looking forward to an exceptional year of learning and growth at Cottage Lake! Never hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or myself. We are happy to partner with you!